Candidates who meet the criteria will be invited by email to attend a one-day selection process giving candidates the opportunity to show their potential for this course.
There will be a number of activities to be undertaken on the day
A 5 minute presentation relating to the title ‘What makes an outstanding lesson?’
A 30 minute lesson, around a topic of your choice that links to your subject area.
You will be asked to observe and analyse a lesson.
Numeracy & Literacy Assessment
You will be asked to complete a short Numeracy and Literacy assessment.
This is a set script of questions with specific assessment criteria for each.
The selection process may or may not take place at your alliance school and candidates will be informed of the outcome within 24 hours.
What we look for in a candidate
- Candidates must be dedicated to the students
- We are looking for staff who are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching
- Eager, keen to learn and can reflect and plan
- Excellent organisational skills, punctual and willing to give your own time to the school and its pupils
- An ability to reflect on own practice, accept guidance and constructive criticism
- Guide and drive your own learning, use your initiative and be proactive.