Entry requirements and selection process
Two Training Pathways – non salaried training and salaried employment routes.
- Non salaried training is for high-quality graduates who want to be trained as part of a school team from day one.
- Salaried training is an employment-based route for high-quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience in a school environment or a related subject area. You will earn a salary while you train and be expected to assume classroom teaching from the onset. Before you apply, you must have a school willing to support you and to employ you whilst you train.
ENTRY onto all routes will require:
- A minimum of 10 days of school based experience either undertaken, or booked to take place. Please acknowledge whether you have, or plan to gain, experience in your application form.
- You will also be required to meet the Department for Education’s standards for physical and mental fitness to teach and clearance to work with children. Further information, including a Declaration of Health questionnaire and details of how to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure will be sent to you after you have firmly accepted an offer.
ADDITIONAL Entry Requirements – Primary
- Ideally we are looking for applicants with a least a 2:2 degree.
- Your degree can be in any field for primary places.
- You will need grade ‘C’ or above in GCSE Maths, English and Science.
ADDITIONAL Entry Requirements – Secondary
- GCSE grade C minimum (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- A first degree in a relevant subject / discipline
- A minimum degree classification of 2:2 (we may consider a 3rd class for Physics and Maths)
ADDITIONAL Entry Requirements – Salaried Training
- As well as the above requirements, you will need a minimum of 2 years experience working in a school based setting and you must have a school willing to support you and to employ you whilst you train.
Those that do not meet the required baseline criteria will be rejected at the application stage.
Your offer is conditional on completing ALL conditions of entry. These will be made available on UCAS.