Candidates who meet the criteria will be invited by email to attend a one-day selection process giving candidates the opportunity to show their potential for this course.
The day will consist of:-
- a morning with a class interacting with students and staff
- break time interaction with students in the playground
- a directed task with a small group of students
- prepare and deliver a 20 minute lesson to the class
- short written assessment
- a 20 minute interview.
The selection process may or may not take place at your alliance school and candidates will be informed of the outcome within 24 hours.
What we look for in a candidate
- Candidates must be dedicated to the students
- We are looking for staff who are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching
- Eager, keen to learn and can reflect and plan
- Excellent organisational skills, punctual and willing to give your own time to the school and its pupils
- An ability to reflect on own practice, accept guidance and constructive criticism
- Guide and drive your own learning, use your initiative and be proactive.