Funding, finance and bursaries
FUNDING AND FINANCE
- If you are on a postgraduate ITT course which is not salaried, you will have to pay tuition fees.
- Tuition fees are paid by salaried routes, but usually as part of your salary offer (this does vary).
- Tuition fees for our alliance are £9,000.
- Home and EU students may be eligible for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of tuition fees charged.
- Bursaries are available for trainees on eligible postgraduate courses in England who are not employed as unqualified teachers on the School Direct salaried route.
TEACHER TRAINING SCHOLARSHIPS
Graduates with a 2:1 and above, who are passionate about their subject and have the potential to be inspirational teachers can apply for a scholarship with the appropriate professional body. As well as the financial award, scholars will receive a package of additional benefits provided by the professional bodies.
Trainees with a 2:2 may be awarded a scholarship in exceptional circumstances, if they have significant relevant experience.
Trainees awarded a scholarship cannot receive a bursary. Trainees who aren’t awarded a scholarship are eligible for a standard bursary
Click here for information of funding for postgraduate teacher training from the Department for Education.