Entry requirements and selection process
Two Training Pathways – non salaried training and salaried employment routes.
- Non salaried training is for high-quality graduates who want to be trained as part of a school team from day one.
- Salaried training is an employment-based route for high-quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience in a school environment or a related subject area. You will earn a salary while you train and be expected to assume classroom teaching.
ENTRY onto all routes will require:
- A minimum of 10 days of school based experience either undertaken, or booked to take place. Please see the link about the School Experience Programme. Please acknowledge whether you have, or plan to gain, experience in your application form.
- At the time of interview the Professional Skills Tests for Trainee Teachers must be passed, or booked to be taken after interview and before the start of the programme in September 2018.
- Skills Tests must be completed before training can commence. More information about the Skills Tests is available here.
ADDITIONAL Entry Requirements – Primary
- Ideally we are looking for applicants with a least a 2:2 degree
- Your degree can be in any field for primary places.
- You will need grade ‘C’ or above in GCSE Maths, English and Science
ADDITIONAL Entry Requirements – Secondary
- GCSE grade C minimum (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- A first degree in a relevant subject / discipline
- A minimum degree classification of 2:2 (we may consider a 3rd class for Physics and Maths)
ADDITIONAL Entry Requirements – Salaried Training
- As well as the above requirements, you will need a minimum of 2 years experience working in a school based setting
Those that do not meet the required baseline criteria will be rejected at the application stage.