The Weatherhead Teaching School Alliance Partners have a strong track record of providing high quality Continuing Professional Development. The WTSA utilises the skills and knowledge of its outstanding staff to provide training, as well as commissioning leading national speakers on current educational issues. To be notified of the 2018-2019 programme of events, please register your interest here.
Stepping Up 2
How to be an Amazing Middle Leader
Tuesday 25th June 2019
Weatherhead Teaching School is pleased to offer our How to be an Amazing Middle Leader conference with
Excel at being a middle leader: Understanding the key areas
- Unpick the key attributes and characteristics of great middle leaders
- Learn what really works when motivating and leading your team
- Self-Evaluation skills: Reflect on your strengths – and learn how to develop
- Learn how to lead progress and manage prioritisation
Practical Strategies for Leading a Team for Success
- Utilize the best strategies for planning improvements: without overworking!
- Understand how to lead change for success
- Learn how to motivate different types of team member
- The dos and don’ts of effective delegation
Incorporate Key Strategies and Leadership Techniques
- Learn how to deliver on stakeholder and external expectations
- Toolkit of strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations
- Become a resilience leader: techniques to make progress – smartly!
Future Leaders' One Day Conference
Thursday 20th June 2019
Develop an understanding of the crucial importance of leadership in education. Delivered by Andrew Newton (former Deputy Headteacher and current leadership consultant) in tandem with leaders from the Weatherhead Teaching School Alliance, the programme provides colleagues with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience with a leadership toolkit to use now and in the future, and encourages them to seek out opportunity to take the lead on a project.
Thursday 27th June 2019
This programme is for Weatherhead staff who have recently undertaken, or have the potential to undertake, a leadership role.
- To deliver leadership through key concepts.
- To develop leadership behaviours.
- To develop different leadership styles.
- Practical support with time-management and prioritisation as a leader.
“Lots of excellent ideas and way forward. Great instruction in becoming a middle leader”
How to be an Amazing Middle Leader with Caroline Bentley-Davies, 2019
“Overall fantastic ideas which are easily transferable across key stages including KS1. Great pedagogy!”
Mathematics Workshop with Craig Barton, 2019
“Very well organised and catered for in terms of resources. I could go away with things I could actually apply and which will help me in the future.”
Future Leaders’ Conference with Andrew Newton, 2019